Power of Attorney legal document and pen

Are You Authorized to Help Your College-Aged Child in a Medical Emergency?

If your child is over 18 years old, you may no longer have the right to receive medical information about your child, or make decisions in the event of a medical emergency.

This summer, before your child heads off to college, have a family discussion about the necessity and benefits of executing a HIPPA Authorization Form and Medical and Financial Powers of Attorney.